- Chapter 7 “walk away” bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 “repay” bankruptcy over 36-60 months
- Foreclosure defense including note allonges (the transfer of your mortgage loan), mortgage assignments (the transfer of your mortgage), mortgage loan securitization, robo-signing by Mortgage Electronic Registration System (MERS) and notaries public
- to surrender your home with minimal liability to you
- to keep your home with affordable payments
- Civil Litigation: FDCPA, FCRA, OSCPA, TILA, RESPA, CFPB
- Credit Report Inaccuracies – especially post-discharge
- Post-Discharge Violations (after your debts are forgiven in a bankruptcy): creditor harassment for discharged debt, mortgage balance issues, liens not removed, no lingering issues for titles and deeds
- If you completed a chapter 13 and your mortgage servicer starts sending statements for the wrong amount, call our office right away – we love these cases!
- Student Loans: get them out of default status, consolidate, negotiate a reasonable payment, forbearance, deferment
- Pre-marital counseling for credit issues
- Post-decree domestic relations financial and legal advice
- Debt resolution and offers-in-compromise (pay less than full amount due); State of Ohio, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and creditors
We protect consumer rights under the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act (OSCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Truth In Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Sales Practices Act (RESPA), invasion of privacy, defamation of character, false light as recognized by the State of Ohio, creditor harassment such as calling your employer after notice to stop; alternatives to bankruptcy such as deeds in lieu of (instead of) foreclosure, short sales of less than the balance due, offers in compromise with creditors, tax liabilities with the State of Ohio and Internal Revenue Service (IRS); applications to Saving the Dream and Making Homes Affordable (HAMP) and HARP; exemption planning for potential filing for bankruptcy protection; lien removals; mortgage servicing miscalculations; wrongful foreclosure and collection suits, post-chapter 13 fallout with creditors, mortgage companies and servicers; post-discharge harassment; and addressing credit report inaccuracies.
We provide personal representation in chapter 7/13 bankruptcy law, business reorganization, corporate work-outs, loan restructurings, restructuring distressed debt situations, offers in compromise with both creditors and the IRS, and foreclosure defense litigation.